Originally Posted by migsBIG

Well, I have now been blessed with a 340 engine I would like rebuild with some performance mods since it's 50 year and an old tired engine. Now with machine shops charging heart attack inducing bills lately, it could be more practical to spend a little more and get some assembled aluminum heads. I'm planning on using performer RPM AIRAP I have in my intake pile and probably just a camshaft upgrade and probably bump the compression up a bit for pump gas and possibly keep the cast crank. I'm posting this here because the racers seem to know two things. How to save money and what parts not to put on a car. I'm not a fan of Edelbrock because of past problems I've had with their heads/carbs, so I would be interested in hearing some other choices.

If you start reading now you should be done by Sunday night. I’m porting two sets of Edelbrock heads right now and a set of Speedmaster heads soon after. The quality on these heads make Edelbrock heads look like horses azz.

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/speedmaster-head-thread-index.451807/

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time