Originally Posted by dvw
Originally Posted by n20mstr
Im no expert at all, but i will comment because at my last dyno session, oil psi was played with to get more power. If you look at the pull, the psi has only dropped not even a full 4 lbs from start to finish, It sould be a lot of things, Oil return, slight aeration begining, etc . In my opinion i would say its not anything to worry about at all, As pointed out by Al its got plenty of pressure . For what its worth, my engine at 8000 had less pressure that yours, it is a wedge with oil lines returning to the pan and it has a vacum pump. But as i pointed out, they LOWERED my oil psi looking for power.

What number did you end up at? What oil viscosity? How much power was it worth? i've run less than the current 75-80 deoending on oil temp. Just been to lazy to adjust it.

Doug

ended up with 5400 = 67.7 , 8000 = 73.3 . it only gained 4lbs the whole pull. the oil is 10w40 . The first couple pulls the oil psi was dropping and we added one quart. But the psi was in the 80's, honestly i dont remeber how much HP it gained from just that. I know its not a big deal here, but i really dont want to talk about HP numbers.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....