Originally Posted by Mad-Max
Cool - I think I've finally determined the color of my old Demon - GY8 Gold Poly (y) . I found a link to a sweet 72 Dart that was for sale, and I'm 99.999% certain the Dart is the color of my old Demon, and amongst the dozens of pics of the Dart is...wait for it...a pic of the fender tag!, and the color code reads GY8 Gold Poly - woot!! I just called my local paint store and sure enough it's available, and they can mix in a precise amount of matte gloss to 'dim down' the patina so it isn't "glossy" - I don't want it to look 'fresh', I want it to look 'seasoned' thumbs . Anyway - just sharing the happy news smile

Pics of the Dart -
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

linkie - [URL unfurl="true"]https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1598728/1972-dodge-dart-for-sale-in-o-fallon-illinois-62269[/URL]

Plus, I just brought home (what I hope to be) a good/rebuildable magnum 318 for my Demon.....currently surrounded by a whole bunch of '94 Grand Cherokee parts but that can be removed. It cranks but didn't fire when I went to look at it, and hauled it off for $450. The plan is to pull the engine/trans/t-case, stow the engine for the Demon, save the 46rh as a spare for Tracy's ZJ, don't know what to do with the t-case, and sell rest of the entire truck as a complete rolling machine for whatever I can get for it. The Rubicon wheels alone are probably worth that much with tires on them. I also ordered an Edelbrock 7577 intake and a set of MP valve covers while they were still available. This stuff is kinda getting hard to get... frown

Here's a pic of the 'engine' biggrin -

[Linked Image]

That's one sweet Dart!