Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by usp4u
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
When the tires are spinning and smoking the car is not going as fast as it can whistling work
I guess his deal is not about going as fast as you can, it maybe, probably is about trying to impress some folks with the noise and smoke while making videos work confused
Not my cup of tea, go fast or go home devil
I hope he was a Christain twocents
May he rest in peace and God have pity on his sou if he wasn't l luck

What a BS comment to make.
Do you race or watch?

Ya know, I sat on this for the entire day, but I cant any longer. I called you out on a callous, disrespectful comment in a thread which you clearly know nothing about. And now, instead of realizing that you would have appeared wiser to remain quiet or even looked into the man's racing and business backround....you want to know about me? okay, I'll bite.

I drag race (albeit casually), i build engines for other street and drag users, I race MX and Off-Road pretty darn successfully in my little world, and I crew on a Sprint car. I also compete in USPSA and 3Gun, so you could say I 'race guns and myself'. So, yeah, I race. More than the average bear. And I still find time to be a decent Christian.

I'll tell you what I DONT do. I dont:

-Espouse snarky comments which attempt to diminish a dead man and father's accomplishments in a thread someone else started
-Pretend that I have a higher understanding of what that man was about or what he was or was not trying to accomplish
-Compare my own motorsports acumen to another/ completely unrelated discipline
-Criticize what others may view for entertainment
-Inject my own commentary relating to one's Christianity or COMPLETELY UNKNOWN lack thereof.

I BOLDED a particular sentence in your comment because even a cursory amount of investigation would reveal the KB had accomplished pretty impressive success in sanctioned racing on a world-wide stage. But you couldnt be bothered.

Now, those videos that "arent your cup of tea"...those videos have done more to legitimize motorsport and draw in young people to the possibilities in motorsport than anything in the last 10 years. They made motorsport for the sake of being a HOBBY bankable to outside sponsors. The reason is Ken Block and those videos.

Ive never seen any of the membership here call you out for your willingness to mention you own "next build" in a completely unrelated topic of discussion....yet you do it non-stop. No one has said, "Hey Cab, we get it, pump gas is junk, but stop calling it 'pump swill' MULTIPLE times in a single post like its a cleaver dig that youve created.

Maybe, just maybe, this was one that you should have sat out so as to not make your personal biases attempt to out-shine folks commenting on a legend of motorsport who met an untimely demise and leaves behind a young family and a company that is more heavily in Racing than you or I will hope to be.

I just noticed that you were in on a PRIOR thread about KB. So you chose to come in to this one and pull your crap with your emojis. You and I must have grown up in different Churches, jack.

Last edited by usp4u; 01/07/23 01:24 AM.