Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by MOPARMIKE69
https://moparconnectionmagazine.com...rille-correct-finish-color-myths-busted/
Yes the bright silver is incorrect. This is a great article about the correct finish.

That article is wrong, I bought a 1970 Cuda shaker assembly that came on a 1970 Cuda 440 six pack car that was silver for my Barracuda that I was preparing to race in NHRA stock in 1973. Mine was not the only car raced in NHRA back then that had the silver shaker on the 1970 Cuda and Challengers shruggy
The darker silver argent came out in late 1970 and was stock on the 1971 cars.

To come out and say the article is wrong without any proof other than your recollection is pretty bold. So, you bought a shaker from someone three years after the part came out and it could have been painted before you got it is your proof for proclaiming it is wrong. I might give credence to that if you owned the car originally from the factory. That article is based on much research and according to Frank Badalson and Roger Gibson and Dave Wise they were dark argent in 70. The 71 shakers were black. There are always exceptions to everything Mopar but the consensus of everyone who 's life is dedicated to these cars is they were dark argent. So, to the original poster, unless you have an unmolested car you have owned from new and it is light argent, the consensus in the hobby is to paint it dark argent.

Cab Burge I would love to see any documentation, factory documents or original pictures, that you have to prove the article wrong. We are all interested in finding out the provable facts about these cars
Please educate us. Thanks.

Last edited by MOPARMIKE69; 12/25/22 02:13 PM.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert