Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by Pool Fixer
too late... it's already made its journey. What's wrong with towing it facing backwards? We strapped it down in 4 places... We didn't do it this way for any particular reason other than the brakes were semi locked up and it was a ball sack pain in the rear to turn it around. It's not a smart a$$ question... I want to know and if you tell me something that makes sense, I won't do it again.

You should have more weight on the tongue vs the rear of the trailer , towing it like that with the majority of weight on the rear of the trailer if there's an engine in it .

Correct, it likely pulled at low speeds okay but that's an easy way to get into potentially unrecoverable trailer sway. I've taken a trailer tow class where they have 5k of weight on a movable platform on a flatbed trailer and we took turns driving it with the weight at the front, center, then rear of the trailer. They had limit straps so the trailer couldn't get past about 45*, and it got there easily in any type of braking or evasive maneuver with the weight at the rear of the trailer.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118