I have heard that a mid 80 chevy truck steering wheel adapter will work on our Dakotas. I have a 96 sport that I also want to change the ugly stock 96 steering wheel on my dakota.also be ready to do some rewiring. The ingtion switch and wiring is different compared to the 91 and 96 . My truck started out as a 91 sport that I striped down to the frame to rebuild and paint. When I removed the cab I found out thst the rear cab mounts on the 91 were allmost rusted off. So I found a rust free 96 sport cab and bed I pit on my 91 frame. I found out the 91 steering column switch and wiring were different when I tried to put the 91 column into the 96 cab. If I remember right the 96 key switch has one or two plugs that plug right into the key switch and on the 91 the key switch has the plug about 6 inches away from the key switch. I was going to rewire it for the 91 but at the time I didn't feel like messing with it. If you can get both year wiring diagrams it shouldn't be to hard to rewire.

Last edited by mopar65; 12/05/22 10:08 AM.

3520 pound race ready 1973 Street/Strip Dodge Dart - Stock stroke 440/727 10.49 @ 125.0 on 93 pump gas & ET Street Radials. More to come... ( SGT Miller) Proudly served 12 years in the US ARMY RESERVES support our troops