Originally Posted by BigDaddy440

I knew better, but I thought I'd take advantage of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday 30% at YEAR ONE. I had $623 in parts in my basket and after the discount I saved $186. The discount removed the "Free Shipping" that my order had previous qualified for prior to entering the discount. No big deal, I thought. The only large part I had in the order was an E body rear valance, which although long, doesn't weigh that much.

Estimated Shipping.... $210!

Imagine adding 40% to an order for shipping. I'll shop elsewhere.

BigDaddy, you should check for yourself what the shipping costs are thru some of the shipping companies. Check Fedex Ground, USPS Parcel Post and UPS.

All you have to do is go online and check what the cost is from Year One's zip code to your zip code, measure and weigh the part and the value for insurance.

You said the largest part was the E body rear valance, correct. Just check what it would cost you to ship that part. Your close to 2500 miles away from Year One's location. That rear valance probably weighs around 20 lbs when finished packaged. The problem is that valance is very large, especially when being shipped close to 2500 miles.

You will be very surprised what it would cost you to ship that part. Not even considering getting the proper shipping box, packaging, taking the package to a shipping company, etc.

I can see your point of the shipping costs. I'm just saying start checking some shipping costs for yourself and you will see what it costs to ship large parts that kind of distance.

Also noticed, your order would have been $24 less without the 30% discount!