Originally Posted by GTXMEX
Do these numbers and curves seem reasonable in the way mufflers are affecting power?

No.

Mufflers gain 100ft/lbs 3500-4000?

And then lose 80hp 60ft/lbs at 7000?

Hell no.

As madscientist stated, no real comparison unless you have the right collector length. Still...

Said in a different way, I think you can build an exhaust system to the bumper that performs closely to open headers/optimized collector with then the only downside weight.

I use pypes race flow mufflers. Despite the name they are very quiet and straight through. Made 595 rwhp @7200 through those mufflers, tailpipes (dual 3") and stock exit size tips.

I think it will be 610-620rwhp after a few changes I've made.

Can certainly test it but don't think there would be more than a -couple- of HP difference between the exhaust I'm running VS dropped before mufflers/tailpipes.

For the wheel hp levels originally posted, dual 2.5" would efficiently cover it, and those pipes would dictate velocity.

At that point, -no- muffler is picking up 100ft/lbs.

And no muffler is -losing- 80hp to open headers unless total junk.

So, choose exhaust pipe size to be capable of supporting max HP and pair it with a straight through/non restrictive muffler (like the race flow) and I think you've done your best.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 650rwhp @7250 510rwtq @5700