Originally Posted by crackedback
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
And what do you think of it. I sold a powerglide low gearset (550.00 plus shipping) and that’s what this guy uses for payments

Zelle is better

Venmo is an arm of paypal. I pay a landscaper via venmo. I'll never accept money via them.

My understanding is that Zelle is a bank to bank transfer like a debit card and there's no tax implications or reporting. I think this would be great for in person physical goods and services transactions. Like a swap meet were it's "as-is" "where-is" no-refunds" Where there is no reason to refute charges. No whiners or scammers.

Venmo I heard charges if you a fee if want the money instantaneously. Does it have tax implications? Talking to a retail business owner, Venmo is more popular with women.

Someone at the last Fall Fling was taking mobile payment for PayPal, Venmo, and Zelle. There stuff was ebay buy it now priced. They said they made sales solely because they were taking those mobile payments and people didn't have cash. 10-20% of transactions were mobile payments, and 15-25% gross dollars. It was just after the show, so these were shoot from the hip figures. BUT the take away was that 15-20% of your total sales dollars was significant. The younger people entering this hobby don't get the swap meet cash deal.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 11/23/22 04:39 PM.