JF -- Those 17" Year One Rally wheels are, in my opinion, really nice... forget the 8"... just get the 9"... and the backspacing is correct for all of our Mopars. BUT the problem is 17" selection of tire sizes.. progressively getting less desirable.

IF you stay with the factory steel/heavy 15x7... or aftermarket 8"... or 10"... you can run some big 275-60 15 in the rear... limited tires... BFG, Cooper and a few others ... just make certain you get the correct back spacing... both front and rear to fit inside the wheel wells. I have a set of 15x8 mini-lites running 255-60 front, 275-60 rear... for my street/hwy cruising.. BFG T/As... not performance tires, but just fine and comfortable for cruising.

Then, for competition events (pylon AX, HPDE/HSAX)... I run ET-III Mini-lites... size 18x11 F/R with Yokohama AO52 (200 TW) size 295-30-18.F/R... awesome appearance keeping a Vintage heritage.

Prices have increased for everything, so, decide how you can afford and be happy.

Good luck in your decision!

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!