The 71 RV chassis has crazy stiff springs compared to modern RVs. I think it suffers from what many old chassis did - over-sprung and under-shocked.
I have friends who have removed leafs when working on their springs but I am reluctant to without further advice.
It already has big airbags that I use mainly for adding clearance to the rear overhang, but could be put in service for general support.
I have cleaned and added teflon between the 50 year old leafs, which helps, but the general ride is still stiff - no sway bar, and no need for one...
Front packs were rebuilt with Delrin spacers and seem about right at this point, and I could install myself.
I'd like to loosen the rear packs anyway to correct the crab from a PO hitting curbs on the right. Taking them completely off is a real problem due to arch and need for something to hold them flat (others have found out the hard way). The rear carries about 8,000 lbs. The RR has a OEM block to compensate for the 350lb Onan.

So, question is: which leafs to remove from the pack while I'm at it? I was thinking only one or two at most. I can add a sway bar and would add blocks.
I would re-clean and use Teflon strips instead of paste.

IMG_6083.JPGIMG_6353.JPG