Our house was finished in 2005 & the original unit installed was an Aqua Tech. It was a real salt hog, & nothing but trouble every couple years. I finally decided to replace it, even though my softener guy said the Aqua Tech was a good unit.

My BIL is a plumber so I asked him what he thought. He said he didn't know any softener guys specifically & to call his main plumbing supplier & ask them. I called their parts counter & asked them "who is THE water softener guy?" The parts guy told me to call one guy. I called him & told him what was going on. He said "$1600.00 installed - a Sterling" - without hesitation. He said this is all he uses. Had him come out & install it - it is FABULOUS so far - it's been in for about a year. Uses very little salt too compared to the last one. I maybe put in 80 pounds every three weeks. He said if anything goes wrong with it in 5 years, he'll fix whatever it is - no charge. HE is my warranty!

https://sterlingwatertreatment.com/product-category/residential/water-softeners/

Last edited by Sunroofcuda; 11/04/22 09:57 PM.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified