Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by moparjim79
My run in with random misfire codes was broken valve springs. It costs nothing to pull the valve cover off and check the valve train while rotating the engine. If you have a way to test compression- thats even better. Start there. If your tests/inspection yield nothing, you may have to go into the engine. I personally have not seen an injector or coil pack throw a multiple misfire code, but I do not work on strictly chrysler products every single day.

A cranking compression test will not always show a broken or weak valve spring as it may have enough to contain "static" compression but not running with the pressure of combustion beer

Agree 100%! A running compression test is the best way to pick out weak or broken valve springs. BTDT. Got my butt kicked around with a wandering misfire on a Vette many, many years ago. I now do running compression tests right after cranking compression tests. Learned the hard way.

Once again guys, thanks for clarification, I for one don't forget the conversation we all had a while ago about this, thats why I just generically coined compression test. No arguments here. And, waiting for update!