Well, friends, after almost 9 years of service, my employer terminated me on 9/13/22. I had started on 12/06/2013 and worked hard for many years to get where I was, building up a book of business as an insurance agent in a startup agency.
After regularly outselling each and every other member of the constantly changing team, and working on my own (the rest of the team was always in Nebraska, Blair or Omaha and I've always worked in Sioux City, IA), they decided to let me go even though I was the hardest worker and best selling agent.
The guy that made the decision to terminate me now benefits from my renewal commissions as he's taking over all of my accounts (I had outsold him 3 to 1), so his book just grew by 4 times.

Ugh. Very disappointing and for a couple of weeks, terrifying. I started to apply elsewhere and quickly found a great position with another local agency, although this one is MUCH bigger and better in many, many ways.
Still working in insurance, still an independent sales agent, was only out of work for about 4 weeks, so thankfully I found something quickly and didn't loose too much income.
Now, I'll have to rebuild my book of business, but my experience granted me a guaranteed salary at the new job (I was straight commission at the old job).

That's what's new, thanks for letting me vent and Happy Halloween, everyone!

JS

76 Dodge Adventurer Sport Power Wagon W100 318, 727, NP203 Fulltime 4x4 Russet Red
06 Jeep Commander Ltd 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, QuadraDrive II
06 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi
10 Mopar 10 Challenger R/T, #483/500, 5.7L HEMI
10 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4x4 5.7L HEMI
11 Dodge Ram 1500 LoneStar Quad Cab, 5.7L HEMI, Fulltime 4x4, Deep Cherry Red
16 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2L Pentastar V6, 9 Speed Torqueflite, 4x4, Black