I did a lot of carb size testing back in the early 1990s when I wanted to race in NHRA S/ST class with a stock bore and stroke 440 motor in a lightweight Duster (2800 Lbs. with driver boogie) with ladder bars and leaf springs on a floater kit.
I started off with Holley 650 D.P. thinking it would 60 ft. better with the smaller carb to make the reaction times better, WRONG. I ended up going to a 750 D.P. then a 850 D.P. then a 950 HP D.P. and finally ended up with changing the intake for a single List # 9375 1050 Dominator CFM non-HP carb.
My message is the more air and fuel I fed it the faster and quicker it went boogiework
I've seen the same thing on engine dyno testing on BB Mopar stroker motors and stock stroke 440 motors, I could NOT[ over carb them rascals shruggy work
I would try your carb first and see if you want the car to go faster after max tuning that combination. twocents scope up
What are the cam specs on the other cam? 114 LSA is way too wide for most single carb non race only motors in my opinion twocents work
BTW, is this a race car, street and strip or street only car?
I used to have a dyno only motor I used for testing, it was a 440 block bored to 4.380 with a 4.375 stroke, one of the last dyno test I did on that motor was swapping the Indy 440-3 intake with a Holley 1050 CFM Dominator carb to a tunnel ram intake and two Holley 1050 CFM carbs, that combination made 30 more HP at peak RPM than the single carb set up did shruggy
BB Mopars motors like more air and fuel for WOT driving boogie
Be careful please luck

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/12/22 09:44 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)