My brake failure story:

Out in our storage yard in Phoenix, AZ., I was tasked with airing-up the tires on a '65 GTO & moving the car. I started it & backed it out of the slot - it was obviously hard to roll because all 4 tires were flat, but it felt like it had brake pedal pressure. I aired the tires, started it & it was on a high idle, I put it in gear (automatic), & forward I went kind of quickly - I went for the brakes & nothing - NO BRAKES at all! I had about 50' to make a decision on what to do - either plow into a beautiful 1975 Roadrunner I had purchased at a used car lot (with 35,000 original miles I might add), or take the GTO out the gate & into a busy road - Broadway. I took the GTO into the Roadrunner to stop it & I let out a helluva yell as I hit it. I didn't even have time to think about hitting the emergency brake or jam it into park - it happened so fast. I tried to pump-up the brakes but the system had to be empty. I was SO pissed! I stove-in the RR quarter panel behind the wheel about 10", but the GTO came to a rest. I feel the sickening feeling every time I think about it!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified