I usually have one or two a year and the pest control guy usually gets them. But this year there seems to be more of them and harder to get rid of. Looking online many different suggestions from gasser sticks which are basically a short term road flare, to baits, poisons, flooding the tunnels and using a mower exhaust to gas the tunnels and believe it or not Juicy fruit gum .

Wondering if there's any experiences here with the above methods. I'm on an acreage and there is plenty of ground that i could care less about but when the SOB's start approaching the lawn they need to be dealt with.
In the past I have flattened the area and watched it closely for new activity. Once I establish where that is I used a variety of methods some that seemed to work better than others, but none I could say were 100%. I did have 1 pest control guy that would send his father out that lived close by. He would nail them with a worm type bait the first time every time. he did tell me one had to be licensed to get the bait he was using. Unfortunately the son went out of business and I didn't think to get his fathers name or number frown spank spank
I am hoping for real world experiences with any of the above methods. I really prefer a once and done method if there is such a thing.
beer

Last edited by TJP; 10/06/22 09:39 PM.