Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by moparx
connect the wires until you see lightning bolts before your eyes, then wire it up opposite the way you had it. biggrin
beer
Me thinks you have never been electrocuted by any household voltage, correct?
It is not something I would recommend to anyone tsk
I worked for 3 different telephone companies in my 33-year career, I learned about induce A.C. current the hard way when trying to hook up a new telephone service on a pair of open wire that was put up for that job, is was not hooked into the telephone network yet. I was making up the jumper and had attached it to the two open uninsulated wires and was trying to hook the jumper into the telephone terminal on a pole, I got shocked into my right thumb from the jumper without touching the conductors when the induced voltage (550 Volts A.C. from the uninsulated primary electrical service mounted on the same pole about 8 ft.higher than me) jumped from the wire into my thumb and on into the ground plate on the bottom of terminal shock I immediately reacted by jerking my hand back and ended up tossing the needle nose pliers I was holding to wrap the jumper wire around in the terminal about 50 ft. away from the pole. That really hurt, whiney
I was injured once by a piece of a 22 bullet ricocheting into my right calf when shooting at an old junk car out in the desert several years before that incident on the pole, I thought I had been shot again but there was no bleeding luck work

Be very careful when working on or around any electrical devises or wire.

I think he was joking Cab wink

However your point is valid in that if one is no 100% confident in what they are doing with electrical components ( especially AC) , get someone who is or do some googling before attempting repairs. The consequences can be lethal or burn the house to the ground. On the fire part, for unknown reasons, they normally start when no ones around to stop them confused shruggy