Originally Posted by Devil
I go by this method of 3-2-1 backups for my files and pictures. I use backblaze for my online backups.

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/the-3-2-1-backup-strategy/

My son (who has a BS in Computer Network and System Administration) set me up with a Synology dual drive housing with 2 SSD drives. One drive acts as the shared drive for our 3 office computers, and files are stored there for access by all. that drive backs up immediately to the second, identical, drive in the housing giving me immediate onsite backup. I've had the primary drive fail (still in warranty), and with a few clicks was back up and running. The second drive backs up to BackBlaze in the cloud (their servers). If I understand correctly, BackBlaze keeps copies of all of the files by date. You pay them to store your files, and you have to pay them for retrieval. I think one time we needed a specific file and the cost was a couple of dollars. In the event of a total loss (fire, tornado, etc.), you can contact them and pay to have all of your data put on a drive and overnighted to you anywhere in the US. Basically I have on- and off-site backups and if I get there and the building is gone this morning, I can go buy 3 new laptops and hardware and be in business tomorrow.