Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by MI_Custumz
Heard what sounded like a leaf in the blower motor of my 2014 Durango. Took the cabin air filter out and felt inside, nothing there. Then saw something move out of the corner of my eye. Took the fabric off the bottom of the glove box area and this fell out. It came from somewhere up above, but no lock seeing where. No full part number on it or harness to see what's disconnected. Everything seems to be working fine. The white part is spring loaded. May have to stop at the dealer today after work.

Just a wild guess, it looks like it might be the infernal tether retractor for the glove box door? I don't see the tether attached and don't see how this could have been the noise you heards.

I'm guessing that's it. The tether part broke and I never worried about it since we hardly get into the glove box. I'll take a closer look at it this weekend to see if I need to replace it or not. Maybe it was loose where it mounted and was vibrating making the noise? Leaving it out for a bit to see if the noise comes back.