This is our third year of vending at the event. The first year was hampered with Covid and year two saw rain on Saturday morning and all of Sunday. This year, the weather was great and the show just continues to grow. I have to think that the car show has doubled in size and I know that the swap meet has doubled in size since last year. Although the grounds has some elevation issues with the rolling hills, but Carlisle has similar areas in the swap meet area. You do not have all of the dust and ditches and mounds of asphalt renderings as you do with Columbus.

For a car enthusiast, there is so much to see in one area. An organized cruise event, evening activities, drag racing, rally racing, burnout contest, show car area, four wheel drive course and a swap meet along with a theme park and camping grounds right on the venue. I do not know of any other show that packs so much into an event. The LS Fest and Ford Fest is much larger than the Mopar event, but they have been going on for a number of years. If the momentum can continue for this Mopar event, it will seriously put a hurting onto The Nationals as held in Columbus as mentioned above. There is no reason that the event cannot double in size for next year. The only problem will be in where to put everything.

From my perspective, the show field was scattered randomly across the facility. I imagine that with a truly judged show field, then something will have to be done to put like cars together and keep another area open for clubs and groups so that they can be together as well.

There was an actual survey that was handed out and collected from those who registered for the swap meet. There was plenty of people to direct and assist you in getting to the correct area.

I would have to say, without any previous standards, the quality of the vehicles registered for the event was better than the Nats. You saw everything form rat rods to highly detailed restorations from the cars of the 50s to those of the late 70s. There was a number of restored pickup trucks and one semi. I believe that there was more wing cars at the show than at the Nats as well. For those following the drag racers, everything from Pro Mods, Super Stock Hemi's to street classes were running. And the rally cars were running all through the weekend and there was probably ten or more of them running.

All in all, it was a very good event. Some things need to be worked on as for as the registration process and the ease of purchasing a ticket. I know several members of the FM3 group and the Holley effort. There was a scheduled call today at 10 this morning to review some of the concerns whether good or bad. I know that the President of Holley is all in for this event and is not afraid to get involved to make it happen. It is good to know that this event has the potential to become a marquee event if the support continues and we can all move forward and support it with our attendance. With that said, hope to see more of you guys and girls there in 2023!!!!

www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com
Correct Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock and supply a wide assortment for all of your restoration needs.

www.dalescudashop.com
Correct style exhaust tips and hardware, fresh air seals, go wings, Cuda & Challenger rear window louvers, hood pin kits