Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I have no issue with anyone wanting to install a radon mitigation system on their own dime. Or meteor rods to protect their house from meteorites, or anything like that. What I have an issue with is codes that require owners and builders to install these systems with no solid evidence that they are beneficial, adding cost for the owners.

Wow, I'm new to the forum and I quickly discovered this is NOT the place to come for answers to medical or scientific questions. People who don't know anything about the topic being discussed should refrain from speaking on the topic, especially when the topic is something as deadly as radiation.

Just because you can't see, smell, taste or feel radon does not mean it is not present and especially does not mean it is less dangerous than radiation at the same dosage level from a nuclear blast or nuke plant meltdown. Anyone who thinks radon is harmless has every right to ignore it unless your ignorance places others in harm's way, such as family members, guests and anyone who might believe what you think is true.

Our education system has failed many people in this country, apparently. If radiation isn't dangerous, why then does the X-ray technician always run behind the lead lined wall before taking pictures of your insides?

Wow.

I heard that meteor rods are on sale at Lowes and I've got some prime Louisiana lowland property I'll sell cheap and those mosquitoes, harmless, that bull about them causing West Nile, dengue and malaria is just doctors generating more business for their overloaded offices and hospitals. And those bombs Putin is threatening to launch at us, harmless! They're just more of that same BS we hear about radon.

Forget all that bull and hide your children because democrats are coming for them to eat 'em and use them as toppings for pizzas at their pizza parlors and JFK has spent the last 59 years hiding, he ain't dead, he's been waiting for the right time to spring out and lead us all to glory!

That's what's real, not all that crazy science stuff.

Ya got an extra one of them Lucky Strikes?