I thought about asking my old friend of mine who moved to Nashville a few years ago, what he did when he went to the show in 2021.
He said he hadn't pre registered before getting there Friday morning, but he wasn't happy he had to wait in line 30 minutes to get registered on site.
He's been checking the forecasts to see how they look after getting burned last year by the rain (He left Friday afternoon and drove home in heavy rain, and he didn't bother going back Saturday morning due to the rain) and said he pre registered today after seeing the good outlook, so he wouldn't have to wait in line again this year.
I doubt things have changed this year, and if they have, you'd think Holley would make it a point to say you will be denied access unless you pre registered.
My friend didn't have any problem with payment after registering his car to be in the show this morning, so maybe it was a temporary glitch that Dave K was experiencing a few days ago?
I've heard there is a cruise at Martin CJDR Thursday evening but don't have a link to any confirmation. https://www.martindodgejeepchrysler.com/
A group of us from the Chicago area and Michigan are staying at a Marriot on Cave Mill off 231. There's 2 adjacent hotels there and a modern Mopar club was using one of them as their HQ the first 2 years and presumably will again this year. We'll probably hang out in that lot again Friday and/or Saturday evenings. If things are same configuration as last year, we're the group of guys with mostly "old" cars on the side of the lot closest to Cave Mill so if you're out driving around, stop on by. Our cars may be in the trailers, but we'll be sitting around there.
It's not Bryce Road, but is a fairly decent after hours hangout place in the evening.
I got my '71 loaded in the trailer ready to hook up and go, looking forward to seeing everyone there! I just got a ton of MCACN brochures, cards and magnets in the mail from the Ashtons, so please grab some off my car to save me having a bunch left over due to not getting them until the cruise and show season was almost over! beer

10-18-15 (8).jpg