Originally Posted by BDW
So what did you do to bring down the weight?
Do you know what it weighed before going on Weight Watchers?

I don't know what it weighed before I started on it, the car was a rolling shell when I got it. There is a lot of aluminum used in place of the factory steel, any necessary supporting bracket was made from aluminum. The tube K frame and Wilwoods save a lot. All hoses are light weight braded. 5 gallon fuel cell with 1 big pump for motor and spray. I made my whole wiring harness for the car, the only factory wiring is the tail light harness because its integral to the tail lights. The stock metal dash has been skinned and the dash pad is a repo abs plastic cap held on with velcro. Aftermarket steering column with a custom removable adapter for the stock Tuff wheel. All the carpet is Orzite aka speaker box carpet, Kirkey seats, PPP shifter. Behind the rear panels has had extra metal trimmed. The steel bumpers are supported by gutted brackets. A lot of little things, alloy fasteners in some places. I looked at everything and thought of how I could make it lighter, to an extent. Some parts that are not modified at all are the fenders, doors and trunk lid, those are very hard to get in good shape and I didn't want to modify them at all. I have the whole build on my Facebook.

Photobucket sucks