The film permit is REQUIRED when a road closure permit is issued. The film permit makes sure that the production company has adequate insurance to cover the proposed activities. Pilgrim never received or even applied for the film permit, it appears they simply got their road closure permit and proceeded with filming. Lots of movies, commercials and TV shows film in Las Vegas and Clarke county. They are all required to apply for and receive a $45 permit to film. It is as much a formality as anything else, but they do ensure that adequate insurance is in place. Having apparently skipped that part of the process has now gotten the county and state looking at the entire operation and I would imagine will put future filing here in jeopardy. Or they will get fined and move on but since filming these shows is not bringing a lot of money into the town they may just not be allowed to continue. Most guys stay in air BNB's They have stopped all filming out here for now. What it will mean long term who knows. Probably not much other than some lawsuits and possibly the loss of this location as they have lost others.

Also heard through the grapevine that there was no production team on site for last weekends NPK race at Tulsa. Supposedly they suffered a loss in the group is what I was told. Who knows. I find it hard to believe they would not be filming the show when the race happened. But I heard someone connected to the show had passed.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"