As most know i am winding thigs down a bit (LOT). I have a younger guy already running his own repair business but more towards the newer stuff, (90's & up). He bought some equipment from me and said he was interested in getting into the pre 1980 stuff. So, I've shoved a number of jobs his way and he has had many questions which i have answered and helped with.
I don't want to be a money grubbing SOB but at the same time at what point do I stop being shall we say FREE with everything, job and advice wise?
I originally suggested he dip his toes in and see if he wanted to pursue it or stay with what he was doing. He has said he really enjoys the older stuff and has another guy doing the later cars. He at one point asked if I'd consider doing Saturday's strictly on the older cars. I told him I've done enough weekends and I'm definitely not doing anymore for anyone other than myself if at all.
I've somewhat hinted around that maybe he should consider buying me out with a year or so of advice, consulting etc.
it's a bit of a puzzle as I plan on continuing smaller side stuff but at the same time feel some type of agreement needs to be made if I continue to help him. What would be fair to both ? Or I can just shut off the referrals and advice
Any suggestions/ ideas? confused shruggy beer