Thanks guys, for all of your replies...and for sharing your own stories and pictures. Hearing that y'all feel the same way about your furry little friends sure makes me feel like I'm in good company here. Maybe 6 or 8 months after we got Prissy, I bought a 74 Cuda 360 from Moparts member Challenger Ken (R.I.P. Ken) and my wife and I, and the 2 dogs loaded up in the truck with the trailer to go to Indiana to get it. Prissy wasn't much of a rider when she was young, and panted and huffed and puffed all the way from NC to Indianapolis. She about drove my wife nuts and Annie, our other Shi Tzu would just look at her every now and then and go Grrrrrrr! mad When we got to Indy and got a room, it was close to midnight. As soon as we got in the room, Prissy jumped up on the bed and fell over and went to sleep. From then on, when she would plop down to sleep, we called it her "Indiana Flop"! When we got to Ken's shop, The Finer Details the next morning...all of his guys had to come out and see the dogs and bring them treats and stuff. Remembering goofy stuff like that eases the loss somewhat, because she added so much fun to my life. We certainly do plan to get a few more not too far in the future, but we're going to take a little bit of a break to let it heal before we do. About 2 years ago, we lost our other Shi Tzu, Buster to stomach cancer when he was 8 years old. We'll get 2 at once next time, because they keep each other company while we're out and about.