Originally Posted by AndyF
I'm not sure on editing software. I'm going to hire a pro rather than try to figure it all out myself. I hired a pro to teach me how to shoot photos. Only took a few lessons and I knew what I needed to shoot all the photos for my two books so I figure this might be like that. I just need a few pointers to clean up my videos and make them crisper and more informative. I'm not interested in shooting Engine Master type stuff where they sit around and talk about the dyno session. I just want to shoot the action shots, provide some specifics on the engine parts and show the power curve numbers. I"m primarily interested in showing people real results from real customer engines. We build and test a lot of 600 hp big block Mopar engines. The ones that go in the magazines make 700 hp but cost twice as much. The average guy is going to live with a 550 or 600 hp engine for $10,000 rather than pay $25,000 for the 700 hp version with the custom cam, hand ported intake, pro built carb, etc.

So you are hiring a pro to teach you and suggest what to buy?

Or just pay him to do all the videos.

Thats a cool approach. I bet the hands on 1 on 1 instruction gets you to a level much quicker that thumbing around the internet getting bits of good and bad canned generic instruction. Do you feel you’re also getting “mini consulting” sessions. By someone understanding your objectives and fitting the instruction and tools specifically to you?

Last edited by autoxcuda; 07/24/22 01:53 AM.