It is worth being “crazy”
but only about “Dynamic Compression Ratio”
and maybe even more important
“Dynamic EXPANSION ratio”

BLM
“best lobes matter”
smile

“Best return on Investment” MPG teaks
are still most likely to be aero and tires.

It is best to maximize compression and expansion ratios. Compression ratio is probably realistically not possible to go any higher than about 10 to 1 dynamic compression even on good premium pump fuel with the best possible fuel atomization and thermal management plan but the expansion ratio can and should be be as high as possible so my plan is to retard intake valve timing to keep under that dynamic compression and make expansion as high as I can figure out how to with a last possible degree before opening the exhaust valve. Since both valve timing events need to happen much later than stock I should be able to simply retard the stock cam and get what I am after for the most part.

As for tires I can't do much compromise on them, I need some mush for driving on dirt roads a lot.

As for aromatics I am trying to find some sort of sheet plastic I can use for blockingoff some of the grill, building belly pans and such right now, it doesn't help that I live 100 miles from a city of any sort. I would bet the biggest amounts of fixable wind drag are from underneath the truck. I might do an experiment with 10 foot of plywood running from the top rear of the cab sloped down to the rear edge of the open tailgate, this should be a very dramatic improvement but could not be left for real world use however it should let me know if there is much to gain from aero. If I did this I should be able to drive with less load witch means less engine heat produced so I can block off even more grill. I can even do this while gathering parts for the rest of it.

I think I am going to get some EQ heads but I got to finger out a time to drive 100 miles in the opposite direction I normally travel to go get em before he sells em to someone else.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!