Originally Posted by B1MAXX
For those that run cables are those even legal? Have you ever had it commented on at tech? My NHRA rule book states all rod or cable must be of 5/16 diameter most of those look like 1/4 or less. Or is it the fact that the cable is just ancillary make it not relevant. I just looked at this rule for one of my cars I was working on a couple weeks ago. Using a shifter cable would be easier plus I have them laying around,but they aren't 5/16.

The rule book is concerned with safety people being able to shut everything down at the rear of the car, in the event of a crash.. Beyond that, they won't or shouldn't care.

If you back into a wall at speed and tear it all up, probably doesn't matter if you have a cable or rod at that point.

Dragsters have had the master switch up by the battery forever, with a cable to the rear of the car to operate it.

High amp remote relays are becoming common now with the pushbutton/mushroom head switches being used to control them. Takes some specific switches and wiring to be able to control it from 2 locations - unless you use your old master switch set up to control the relay, rather than to function as the high amp connector. Modern and Speedwire and others offer these systems.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.