This kind of thing is not that uncommon. He had a TV show there to film his new car, he didn't want to stop and ask them for time to fix the car. I've seen guys get out on the racetrack with obvious and dangerous problems because they didn't want to miss that round. Or guys get in a car to drive to work because they don't want to be late or miss a day and they know the car is unsafe and don't have time to fix it right now.
Several years back there was a farmer around here hauling a load of silage in an old 2-ton flatbed. He plowed through a red light and wiped out a family. There were a half a dozen empty cans of brake fluid in the cab. He had been trying to pour it into the master cylinder under the floor every time he needed brakes because it was leaking out so fast.

It's all the same line of thinking. I'll be okay this one time, I'll fix it after. Similar to people getting hurt at work. Most of the time they say"I knew I shouldn't have done that".

There are so many things in life that we do that can't be undone. We need to do a good job of thinking ahead of what the consequences could be of careless behavior.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"