My family, me and my wife with either the 48 Plymouth coupe, or the 49 Dodge pickup, my son and his family with a 5.7 Hemi in a 57 Dodge wagon, my daughter in her 2016 Grand Cherokee, and up until last year, her son with a 64 Chrysler New Port (he sold the car), all attend one Mopar show every year. It is a family event for us.

About 1/2 the cars are modern, there is a swap meet that is usually decent, and its at a fair grounds with sun and some shade. Attendance is usually pretty strong, lots of Mopars and Mopar decedents, and generally a lot of people (both young and old) wandering around.

There are 2 or 3 other Mopar shows about the same distance from home, but we do not attend them. The people at the show we do attend seem to be more pleasant and easy going. The other shows, not so much. One is the numbers and paint spot crowd and they are not friendly with people that bring in non-matching cars or trucks (which all of our stuff is). The other Mopar show in the area is at a drag strip, if you car or truck is not drag racing related, they pretty much ignore you.

I can tell you that I don't believe that if I wasn't an old Mopar guy, and had many years of good times with Mopars (at shows or not) that was shared with my children, probably none of us would be attending the one Mopar show we do. Frankly, you need to be a pretty hard core Mopar person to attend a Mopar show where 1/2 or more of the show is new cars that are no longer produced by the Old Chrysler Corporation.

Other then a few "car night" events at local drive ins, we don't attend many shows. Before the price of gas went nuts, we would have all rather go on a cruise in the country then spend a day sitting at some fairgrounds or a parking lot waiting for the plastic trophy presentation. After the 2nd or 3rd round of looking at the cars or walking through the swap meet (that your not looking for any parts from), car shows get pretty boring. Gene