Mine, 10+ BB stoker motors, were all in before 2000 RPM on several different race and pump gas street motor using the MSD race boxes, 404B, 7 and 7AL2 boxes up scope. The Duster converter world flash between 4300 and 4600 depending on the weather and track elevation so all the timing was in long before those RPM were reached work
I did get one of my pump gas street motors to ping on Oregon 91 octane non ethanol pump swill back in 2009 by having the total timing set at 38 BTDC and using very light throttle pressure climbing a steep grade in the middle of a summer day here in central Oregon, it wouldn't ping at 36 degrees BTDC: work:
I've done a bunch of engine tuning on engine and chassis dyno as well as at the tracks, BB Mopar's on gasoline seem to like 34 to 36 degrees total advance: up: Not 33 and not 37 BTDC shruggy
You need to verify the timing marks on the dampener and TDC on the balancer and the timing tab on the timing cover to make sure you're getting the correct readings: scope:
One really good west coast division 7 SS racer had a motor built by a shop that had used a early timing cover with a later model year balancer, that made him think that motor liked 42 degrees total timing shock
It didn't when he got the correct timing cover on it the next year, the early covers have a straight steel tab for the timing marks with zero at the top of them. The later covers, maybe 1967 and later, have a curve timing tab with TDC in the center of the tabs scope

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)