Thank you Mike up
Yours visibly appears to have the slightly higher installed location.
Measurements appreciated to verify, of course.

Have not collected enough samples yet, to act like I know what I am talking about, other than how my car appears to have been built.

I collected a couple more yesterday. The trend I am observing so far is:

So far, all the 69s I have been able to verify as Lynch Rd. builds have the emblem installed
in what seems to be commonly accepted as the measured 1968 location.

This is only a small handful of vehicles so far, but the build dates have ranged from mid-September 1968 to late September 1969,
and all those (except mine which I've replaced alot of metal on) were low mileage and for the most part unmolested.

The '68 usually had the emblem installed 2&3/8 to 2&1/2 above the character line (depending on measuring method,
whether center of the tiny curve or the peak of the line). My '69 and the few others from Lynch Rd I have checked appear the same.

In contrast, so far, the vehicles from plants *other than* Lynch Rd. have the emblem installed higher off the character line, approx 3&1/4" above it
depending on exact method. This seems to be the more commonly accepted 1969 location.

Research is ongoing and I'd invite anyone who has a vehicle to post a picture, including '68 models.

I guess it is probably barely noticeable to most folks, but having owned the car a few decades and admittedly being a
bit of a freak, these are the rabbit holes of the hobby. Fun stuff.

I started verifying mine vs what is posted on various sites, and realized something was different about mine + other certain vehicles.

Apologize if this is common knowledge and a stupid thread, I had never heard of it previously.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri