Originally Posted by MarkZ
Got an odd one. After a ride I can smell brake pads cooking. Splashed a handful of water onto the rotors and the rear boiled on contact - fronts are cool. I can put the backend in the air though and the tires freewheel in neutral as expected. The parking brake is inside the rotor hat and that looks fine too. Sure enough though, after every ride it gets warm again. Just hot enough to smell it and evap water. I've taken both sides apart can't find anything abnormal. Brake pedal has good feel and stops normally.

I don't know if this started happening before or after, but I had a line pop on the passenger front. Fixed the line, bled it and it functions as it should with the exception of this issue.

The setup is a Wilwood 4 piston caliper up front, rears are Explorer disc brakes using a factory dual reservoir master cylinder (don't know piston diameter). All the flex lines are new.

Any ideas? Thanks.

i the rear hanging free or is it up in it's normal position with the back of the car in the air?

Might be something hanging up with the axle at ride height and not up in the air? Ebrake cable maybe?