Originally Posted by MarkZ
Originally Posted by PLUM_72
Thanks for the reply! I still have the 340 and am looking more at 1.03 T-bars. They have a 210lb/in rate. Not really buying the bigger is better thing for a street car. I'm in the process of gathering front end parts and the bars will likely be the last purchase as I still am unsure. The premium shock recommendation, I absolutely buy into for ride quality.

I didn't chime in before because I don't have a basis of comparison to the earlier style torsion bars. Now that you posted #rate I can. I put a set of 300# bars on my Fifth Avenue with non-adjustable Bilstein shocks. Car already had police front and rear sways with a set of homemade frame ties. The ride was great and made the car corner extremely flat. This was with 15" BFG Radials on the car. The ride went to absolute pot with 18" tires. I know it's completely subjective, but I wouldn't hesitate to go as high as 300# with good shocks and tires with a good amount of sidewall.

One thing that is rarely talked about is the tires. Shorter sidewall tires increase the effective rate.

Many don;t thing about the sidewall height's effect on spring rates.