It doesn't qualify as mini but for a "not that large" alternator the CS130 works awesome. My car with a 5" crank pulley at a 1250RPM idle can run, All exterior lighting(all factory crap) 18" 4000CFM electric fan, Electric Fuel Pump. electric fan on fuel cooler, EFI System, and normal car accesories like phone charger and crap. It can do that and hold 14.2-14.5 at idle if needed. It can also support the wipers but that is a situation I try to keep my car out of, but its done it lol.

My current one is 9 years old and I am just starting to question it, the last few times at the track my ride home has been at 13.5 volts, start it up cold the next morning and its back to normal 14.1-2. So Either the alternator is getting weak when its good and warm, or my continuous duty solenoid is starting to fail.

They are cheapish and available, I order mine for like an early 90s FWD cutlass when I go to the parts store but it is on several other GM vehicles. I run mine stock as a "three wire" setup that uses a charge light and a sense wire. The application I listed comes with a serpentine style pulley but the parts store counter guy swapped it out with V belt pulley for me.

I started to run this alternator because of an old member "Sloan" he had one that fit his trick aluminum bracket for a small block mopar with a meziere water pump. Bob Mazoline(spelling) made a run of those brackets and I snatched one up.

CS130.JPG
Last edited by Bad340fish; 06/13/22 01:17 PM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340