Originally Posted by Kern Dog
For all the smart people in the Bay Area they sure are married to the idea of having their shows at a college campus where SUNDAY shows don't interfere with Mon-Sat curriculum. There are numerous sites in a 50 mile radius where they could hold a show.
Ohlone was a simpler venue but the college staff did a poor job of maintaining the grounds. Tree branches and leaves everywhere, Pine needles and bark all over the place, etc. DeAnza is clean but the solar equipment in the "show field" makes for terrible pictures.
I've almost always preferred a show on grass anyway. The Inland Valley Mopars club in Southern CA used a beautiful venue in 2021 and this year...the Union Carpenters apprenticeship facility. Excellent place....well maintained green grass, some trees and plenty of parking. Places like that surely exist between San Jose and Fremont.

I’m conflicted about the solar panels. I hate them because they destroyed the venue for the annual Duel at DeAnza autocross. Eliminating a great annual automotive event in the name of environmentalism makes my blood boil. But, for car show venue, I love the shade because I hate cooking myself in the sun.

I do agree that grass is way better for a car show, but grass is soon to be a thing of the past around here, again in the name of environmentalism.

'67 is an abbreviation of 1967
67' is an abbreviation of 67 feet
They are not interchangeable.