I have a question that I can not seem to find an answer to. Were the hood stripes, the painted on three stripes down the middle of the hood, an option in 1970 or did it come standard? I have noticed almost all I see have these stripes, but I did see on or two coupes that did not have them. I know on the earlier models, 68 and 69, the painted hood was seen far less often and was definitely an option and not standard. I know the stripe on the back of the trunk was standard on the hard-top and convertible, and an option on the coupe. I also know the trunk stripe came in three colors, black, gold and white reflective. Did the hood stripes have anything to do with the trunk stripes? I have heard all of the hood stripes were black, yet I have seen an example or two of a gold one. I have never seen a white one from the factory.
Since these cars are so old, it is hard to tell if something was repainted and the stripes left off or painted back on in another non-standard color.

So to sum this question up, in 1970, on the Roadrunner:
Was the hood stripes an option? If so was it only an option on the coupe, like the trunk stripes? Did they ever come from the factory with hood stripes other than black? Was there an option to delete the stripes on any of the models?

1968 - 383 Roadrunner 4 speed street car, Dad bought new
1970 - 440 Roadrunner drag footbrake car 6.99 1/8th
2016 - Hemi RAM 1500 - Hauls all the toys
North Georgia / Central NC