My car had a hardware store bolt stuck in this location and I’m not sure it needed one to begin with. I changed to resto fan belts today and took the bolt out since it was rubbing occasionally on the back belt. The set on there had one super tight and the rear belt was just a bit more slack. New set isn’t like that and could probably clear the bolt, but it looks stupid and will always be a risk as a belt stretches. Power steering pump seems secure without a bolt in this spot. The sort of chewed up looking hole is where it was.

It would maybe work with the bolt turned around if I can get a wrench on it. Would rather have a factory bolt if one is needed though. Wildcat Wrecking never got back to me when I asked them a few weeks ago.

Appreciate somebody taking a pic or at least confirming what they have. It’s possible this is the wrong power steering pump or bracket setup as both a resto power steering belt and a common modern replacement belt I ordered are about a mile too short. This car does not have the classic “one finger” effort my other power cars had. Maybe just an issue of a bigger pulley cutting the assist back? That would explain the longer belt needed.

This is a 69 GTX with 440 with ac and power steering.

1AC24871-F9E9-477F-80D2-D811A4A2DCDB.jpeg

I want my fair share