All stock items can be used, you will have to send the PCM out to get flashed to remove all the excess items you will not be using. Pending o the year motor will give you a direction to take. Read, read, read, search on this site and all other sites that offer swap info. I did one relatively cheap a few years back and have slowly upgraded as I have gone. I started with an 06 had the MSD hemi 6 box and a Fast efi system. worked well. I have upgraded the computer since to a MS gold box, rebuilt motor and did the heads with cam change and it runs really good.

your budget is all predicated on how far you want to go. there are many options to go.

what i did was made a road map on what i wanted the car to be first, then made my wish list of where I wanted to be a few years later.

If you plan it out search and read you will find answers to all your questions. look here and for A-bodies only and B-bodies only.

It worked for me

Be patient and only bite off what you can chew. I completed my swap in just under a year, doing one thing at a time. and I have a very tight budget. my biggest cost was headers at the time.

good luck and PM me if you want more detail info.

Kiddart

Thank you
Kiddart