Originally Posted by Mastershake340
If you are registered with Mecum you can just log in and see results.
As has been the case recently there have been some sky high sales prices. The GSS sold for 150 or 160K iirc. The hemi Daytona sold for 1.2M which factoring in the buyers commission totals 1.32M!
A really nice B5 Demon 340 got 88K I think it was! I didn’t get pics of it as there were a bunch of people around it and I didn’t make it back. So many cars so little time!
On the other hand, that red hemi Coronet R/T only got 55K, 60,500 with buyer premium. I’m really time limited in my day trip from Chicago so couldn’t give it a close inspection but it seemed really nice from my cursory look. And a hemi cuda vert clone built off a V code (?) only got around $125K, if it was a real V code I’d expect higher.
A V code Challenger vert got a similar sale. As you can see from my picture it had a bunch of docs in front of it. It was really not a good looking resto though. FC7 shade looked off, under hood looked poorly restored. Maybe it sold based on it needed to be blown apart and restored right?
GMs were bidding to the moon. Any Pontiac experts know what was so special about that 71 Judge vert that made it worth $400,000 to someone?
Dana and Frank will be adding on to their Lake Geneva mansions with the commissions they are getting from this auction! haha

In 71, there were less than 10 Judge convertibles made as I recall. We were on to one of them in Phoenix back in the 80's - it was a blue one that this older black guy owned - it was his driver vehicle. My business partner caught up with him one day & love or money couldn't have bought it! RARE & VERY DESIRABLE if you are a GTO guy! Basically the holy grail of GTO's.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified