Hi Guys,
Kind of at an impasse on a build and I've read a ton on this but still want to get opinions of people out printing slips.

The car:

'66 Chevy II- 4link rear/coil over front/ lot of fiberglass 2700ish lbs depending on who's driving
has mild 406" street strip engine now- will have heavy-effort 393" built over the winter.
currently 5.14 gears with 31x14x15 rears

I think we were really leaning toward the Gforce G101A clutch-assisted trans. There's been occasional thoughts too of running a 'glide instead. This car wont be a bracket car, it will be run primarily at events down at the Grove, and maybe in the Midwest Gassers. In reality, it will probably see the track 6-10 times a year and will also put in some limited street time. Just crunching numbers, the auto route with good converter should come in a touch cheaper, and less room built in for driving errors. But, I'm really worried about the automatic really limiting the chances of breaking into the 8s with this combo. Then there's the balancing act of I don't want a #$% ton of maintenance to do either over the long haul.
More than anything, just gauging opinions here of Guys who have taken both routes in the same car and what your experiences were/are.

I posted this on Yellowbullet as well. I know its a Bowtie, but I've learned from a ton from many of you on here reading over the years and the timing clocks don't care what brand it is.

Thanks