I'll try not to get too long-winded here about what is going on, but I'm looking for opinions & any advice on the matter - it involves our subdivision of 38 homes. There is a guy that lives in a home that backs-up to an area of our neighborhoods' wooded areas, & he is basically claiming two acres that are clearly ours, are his. So the neighbor (in our development) whose property backs to this other guys' property, is suing this guy for taking two acres that are not his. So the dude who is claiming it is his two acres, has hired his own attorney & is challenging this suit so he can keep the two acres.

SO, our neighborhood association is now backing our neighbor & assessing everybody multiple times already to pay for the attorney's fees to get back the two acres that are ours. It's now our subdivision vs. this dude who is trying to take over the 2 acres that have never legally been his. He claims that since the 80's he has been "maintaining" this two acres by trimming trees & vines, picking up garbage, & running off people who are back there dumping trash, etc. This is his claim - I just read a deposition where our attorney was grilling him. So now we are on our 3rd assessment - all told around a grand per 38 households in our neighborhood. Some of the neighbors are saying they are not going to pay any more assessments to support this suit - I have also decided not to pay any more. The association is saying that if you refuse to continue paying these, that they will be forced to place a lien on those who do not pay. So you won't be able to sell your home if there is a lien on it until you clear it up - pay the assessments.

Now, nobody can clarify, but if our subdivision WINS the suit against this guy (the guy trying to appropriate the 2 acres), will this guy have to pay back all our legal expenses incurred & all 38 of us get refunded? And if we lose the suit & the guy retains the 2 acres, then we spent a bunch of $$ for what? The principle of it all? This could drag-out for several more years, & there are no damages claimed by either side - it's just basically a pi$$ing match now. The only people happy here are the attorneys who are making their $$ per hour. Also, if we win the suit & it is ruled this clown has to pay back our legal fees & he doesn't have the means to do so, then what? He may be uncollectable.

What would y'all do?

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified