Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 6PAX
"Bolt it on your car & try it, if it smokes up it was electronic."

"The electronics one will also fail shortly thereafter."

So, is it not a good idea to use an electronic regulator?

I have installed MANY electronic versions on my own and customers cars with no problems over the last 25 years (knock on wood). Wonder if wiring / ground issues could be causing the failures ?

Back in the day Direct connection offered a version as it was recommended with the ignition upgrade THOSE were definitely known to fail. At that time, the parts store ones were all mechanical. Somewhere in the mid to late 80's the parts store electronic versions started appearing. Can't remember ever having a problem with one shruggy twocents beer

If you know of a good 69 down electronic on the market today, post it up. Mine failed this past fall, no grounding issue, sanded back of mount and even a dedicated ground wire to it. Look alike of a mechanical old school one. Ran for maybe two hours total. I’d like a good electronic one to put on the car and stop the bouncing on the gauge. I just don’t care for that while I’m driving and could use that as my spare to carry.

Even had the 70 up style one fail quickly as a resto look one about 12 years ago. Replaced with an ancient parts store one I had in my stash and that one was still living when I sold the car a couple years later. Didn’t have the detailed look I wanted, but it worked where modern garbage couldn’t cut it.

I want my fair share