Hi Guys,

We're doing a healthy street 340 build for a friend of mine. He was actually a hardcore Chevy guy, but looks to be converting. The 340 is going into a '70 Challenger, 4 speed with 3.91 gears. He's wanting a cam in the .230/.235 @ .050 range with .500-.550 lift. If it was me, I would be running a mild street mechanical roller, but per his wishes It'll be a Howards hydraulic roller, and he's using lightly ported X heads. We have a good handful of the Howards cams in different engines and they're all really nice street performers. Static compression is right around 10:1.

Here's the question.... with this engine he acquired an original Edelbrock/Mopar cast 6 pack intake setup in very nice shape. He wants to run a single plane (and not an RPM Air Gap) instead and already has a good carb for it. I was going to post a wanted ad in classifieds to suggest a trade plus cash, but first want to get some advice on which single plane will work for him the best. I've done a little reading on 360-1/M1/Team G/Victor etc, but wanted real world input based on the car and engine combination I have listed above. I really want something that will pull hard 2500-6k or so.

Thanks!