Originally Posted by Dogpro
This is what I found. Black feed wire was shorted against the Green wire and the White wire above it. Green wire feeds the rear harness which has the gas sending unit which I hope was causing my back feed.

black wire is pretty much alternator wire to ammeter, with the main splice in the middle

green wire pretty much gets a red trace and is the horn wire.There is no a green wire between bulkhead and rear harness. Rear harness get a dark green wire but coming from turning switch ( for high intensity filaments for turning/hazzard/brake lights on one side )

white wire crosing over both wires on pic there is the source for backup lamps running to NSS on transmission. It comes from accesories side of the fuse box. If white and black wires meet together on a peeled off area sure all the accesories will be constantly feedback sourced no matter the ign key position, since ammeter network is a constant batt source.

Actually there is not a short here, but alt wire melted by the excess of amperage running thought the bulkhead. Pretty much due the tipical unneficiency of stock alternators, which make them to get more sourcing when revving up to fee dthe car demands and get the batt recharged. The heating point begins on packard terminals on bulkhead hence why most of Mopars gets these cavities melted down.

bulkhead conection is available new.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela