The driving experience is very different between the auto and manual shift trannies. Do you know folks that have these so that you could experience them yourself? That is the only way you will know what you would prefer. But keep in mind that the combo may prefer one more than the other. The milder the combo, the more it would favor the full auto. The more radical it is, the more it may prefer the manual.

What RPM do you shift at? The farther you get above 5,000, the more difficult it gets to shift right where you want it into both gears with the full auto. A&A has the governors, but they usually take a good amount of experimentation to get right. The split shifts become more of a problem the more line pressure you have with the full auto. Overall, the full auto takes more time and effort to get dialed in to the combo.

Like most here, I have ran both full auto and manual and the combo has had a huge influence on what I preferred to drive on the street. For instance, my current street Hemi wants shifted at 6,800. That's not going to happen with the full auto. But my last 440 shifted at 5,600 and it had a full auto. So.......................

Master, again and still