Originally Posted by 70gtx1
My 2016 scat pack with a 392 runs 11.70-11.80s with good DA. If the rest of the car is setup, that 392 should push a b body to mid 11’s no problem, due to the weight difference. The 392 is pretty stout from the factory, which makes getting more power out of not cheap.

This right here, minus 1000 LBS should easily run low 11s. Curb weight is supposably 4400# (Not even counting driver) and according to waller racing calculator an 11.70 takes 540+ HP. With serious traction (LX cars are not know for great traction), actual long tube headers and a tall intake without emissions, longevity and MPG oriented tuning should be so easy to get low 11s. They have been proven to make big gains from real headers, intake, and tuning. Look at some of the fast cars with only bolt on modifications and put the numbers in a calculator, it's enlightening for sure. I am convinced 550 without pulling valve covers is not hard at all and some I have seen it seems as high as 580 is possible, I got an email a combo with a wilson modified tall intake, high quality long tube headers and I think it was a 950HP style carb making 580 on an engine dyno but asked to remain un named so it could be load of crap but it does seem very plausible.

The ports have crazy amounts of flow, the stock cam would have been considered big for a street car 20 years ago add in the very well designed oil control, light weight valve train, very low friction ring pack and you can see how the HP potential is there.

Can you imagine how much grief you would get on this board if you built a 392 CID stroker 340 with ported W2 heads, 5/16 valve stems, latest high tech rings, windage tray, crank scraper, 230@.050 .575 cam, 10.9 compression and only made 485 HP? Your silly if you think there is not a lot more there.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!